Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Renewed and Ready!

This past Sunday morning I went to church as I usually try to do. The service and worship was wonderful and uplifting as always, with an insightful message that left me with a feeling of positive outlook for the week. I had no idea that when I walked through the doors that morning, I would be so incredibly blessed. After the service a woman, Ann, came up to Anysia and I while we were chatting. She spoke a little with Anysia, then turned to me... Ann's husband, Larry, was diagnosed 2 years ago with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML). While it's treatable, the medicines have very heavy side effects, such as bone pains and digestive problems. We didn't talk long, but the love and concern she felt for her husband was so incredible, and I could feel it as she held my hands. It's not as though I had forgotten why I began this journey, but all of a sudden its true purpose was brought to a new level. Up until Sunday I had been running in the memory of Tom. I wanted to help families going through the same struggles that Tom's went through. When Ann hugged me, I realized I was running for her and Larry and their family. They are the ones I am doing this for. Suddenly all my stresses and concerns for my own life melted away, and I felt renewed in my goals for this cause. I can not thank their family enough, and I am willing to do whatever I can to help them! We are in this together and I have no intention of giving in, no matter what!

Thank you Ann and Larry for allowing me share this experience with everyone. Please let me know if I can ever do anything for you. My prayers are with you every day. God bless!!!!


My Team in Training Donation Page

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment