Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Rocks!

Over the Summer, my friend Damian invited me to attend the City of Hope Cancer Survivor's Picnic dressed as Mrs. Incredible. This was then followed by a trip to the hospital to spend time with children still struggling with cancer. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in or out of costume. Seeing the faces of the children light up when they saw me was so beyond anything I can describe. Here I am dressed as a super hero having kids, that are more heroic that I ever have been, running up to me with pure excitement and adoration! The entire experience was beautifully humbling. Here's a picture from the Picnic with one of the most adorable little girls!

It was so cute, she kept finding me throughout the day to show me various crafts and and things she had done.

The whole day I felt like it was the best use I ever got out of a costume. So when Brie, Jeff and I came up with the idea of "Happy Rocks" and how we could combine it with my costuming to make children smile, how could I refuse?

"So what are Happy Rocks" you ask? Well, they are little polished reminders of the things that make us happy, directly from Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth! For every $10 donation a Happy Rock will be given to a child in the Pediatric Wing of the Hospital. Whenever seen or touched it will be a reminder of something one is either happy or grateful for. I will be delivering them dressed as the Giselle, from the Disney Movie "Enchanted", bringing a little Disney Magic to the children's day. While the focus is primarily on the children, if you would like a Happy Rock for yourself, please let me know!




My Team in Training Donation Page

<3

4 comments:

  1. Having fun and making a difference? Rockem Sockem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I"ll be passing it along to my friends online!

    ReplyDelete